Monday, October 19, 2015

JD says, "Peanut Butter Cookies were a real turning point in my life."

Awwww, How sweet! Jonathan Davis has nothing but love for Peanut Butter cookies. That's right, you heard it here at JDFC first! PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES ARE JONATHAN'S FAVORITE!

The popular man on campus and avid baker — who has been known to whip up a few recipes in his day told us that: “I just wanted to mention that peanut butter cookies were a real turning point in my life.” When pressed further as to what he meant, the already emotional Jonathan had this to say: "I was in a dark place...I rather not go into it...But, Peanut Butter Cookies were always there for me as my closest friend and confidant. I grew to trust them, which lead to loving them."

As our Cookie Poll officially comes to an end today, we would like to thank all of your for giving your input and letting us know what your favorite cookie was! But, now we realize that some of you may change your mind on the subject. The polls revealed that "Oatmeal Cookies" were by far the Fan's favorites. Showing a discontinuity with what Jonathan has. But who knows, maybe after hearing his touching story hearts will be changed, minds softened, and tastes developed.

Here's one of his best kept recipes that was leaked when he left it out in the Kitchen earlier this week. Luckily a JDFC member was there on the scene to snatch this most precious relic:

2 cups of peanut butter
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
And a whole lot of love!!!
Then, preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease the cookie sheets.

In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Press a criss-cross into the top using the back of a fork.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. This article made me cry a little because I was one of the 11 who voted for oatmeal cookies. But there is hope: when I was crying, some tears flowed into my mouth and it is as though my tongue has been cleansed, and now I only crave peanut butter cookies! Thank you Jonathan Davis for showing me the error of my ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I don't want to press my preference onto my fans because I still love cookies in general, and I would hate to be the one to crush anyone's hopes and dreams. However, if you have been so enlightened and have come to find happiness in peanut butter cookies, then you should continue to follow your taste buds.

      Delete