Monday, November 2, 2015

...You gotta Believe...

Absolute Pandemonium as the Royals win the World Series

NEW YORK -- The Kansas City Royals are world champions for the first time since 1985.

Christian Colon's RBI single in the 12th inning capped another in a postseason-long run of late-inning rallies, and the Royals beat the New York Mets 7-2 to capture the World Series in five games.

Our staff present at the game last night asked Ned Yost (the manager for the Royals) what he said to his players after the second-run in the sixth inning: "Well, I told them to keep up the fight. I mean, we were in a safe place already leading the series 3-1, but that wasn't enough for our boys. We wanted to win - and I told them to go for it."

But as the night carried on, and it seemed like the Mets were one step closer to closing the series, Baseball Drama at its finest occurred.

"I looked at my teammates before I walked out of the dugout; they had given up all hope," said Hosmer. "I told them: look fellas, right now there's a certain golden haired man watching us play, a man who has belief in us. Not in just any old team - but us. Now, I'm about ready to go out there and win this series for him. If Jonathan believes...Then we gotta believe."

Hosmer and Perez both went out in the 9th inning to tie the game at 2-2.

"When I heard Hosmer inspiring our guys with the thought of winning the game for Jonathan, I knew we'd end it all tonight. I never told the guys, but the whole night I was wearing my JDFC wristband for good luck, and it wasn't until Hosmer's pep-talk in the 9th that I remembered I had it on." - Yost

The Royals steamrolled relievers Addison Reed and Bartolo Colon in the 12th to win the World Series 7-2. It was absolute PANDEMONIUM as Familia closed the game, making Jonathan's belief a reality. Players were ecstatic; the crowd in tears; and somewhere up in the quiet hill country of central Connecticut, Jonathan Davis sat back in his chair with hands behind his head and said to himself, "Well done boys... Well done."

"This one's for you J.D."

"Not only did a man like Jonathan Davis inspire a multi-million dollar Major League Baseball team to push for their dreams in the last inning of a 'lost game' at Met's stadium, in order to come out and win the World Series for the first time in 30 years... He inspired a country to believe again." - Travis d'Arnaud (Catcher for the Royals)

My friends...You gotta believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment